Detailed Job Description
Provides support for both the Divisions of Allied Health and Nursing in the areas of curriculum and academic programs, enrollment management, personnel, and budgetary planning.
West CampusDepartment: Nursing Office Salary: $36,829 - $46,729 per year
Essential Job Functions
1. Participates in the development and the implementation of divisional policies, procedures and guidelines.
2. Assist the Deans in working with program chairs and faculty to resolve student issues.
3. Monitors the course schedule development process and monitors appropriate course enrollments for non-selective admission program courses.
4. Manages the strategic equipment process to include development, purchasing, and warrantee review.
5. Manages the annual review of lab fees and semester review of lab fee budgets.
6. Oversees review of the faculty professional development aspect of the faculty incentive plan
7. Assist the Deans with the division interviewing process.
8. Oversees the renewal and review process for the Health Sciences Affiliation Agreements.
9. Oversees the selective admissions committee process.
10. Reviews Faculty Workload Forms (AHS only).
11. Assist in the coordination of department events such as advisory board meetings and open house events.
12. Reviews course syllabi submitted per semester.
13. Prepares mandatory state/national reporting requirements for the Nursing program (i.e. OPPAGA, Annual Report).
14. Prepares end of semester data collection and reports for the Nursing Program.
15. Assist the Deans in the supervision of lab, administrative, and instructional assistant staff.
16. Represents the Deans at appropriate college-wide, campus, division, and department meetings when necessary.
17. Performs other duties as assigned.
1. Knowledge and understanding of College organization, goals and objectives, and policies and procedures.
2. Knowledge of criteria of accreditation agencies.
3. Excellent organizational and communication skills (both oral and written).
4. Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively communicate with a wide range of individuals and constituencies in a diverse community.
5. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
6. Possess excellent management and organizational skills.
7. Ability to work effectively in a diverse community and meet the needs of diverse student populations.
Knowledge Skills Abilities
1. Bachelor’s Degree in an appropriate health related discipline.
2. Progressively responsible experience in health related academic affairs.
3. Experience in coordinating and managing programs and projects in an educational setting preferred.
4. Must be able to perform all of the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Equal Employment and Preference-Eligibility
Valencia College provides equal opportunity for equal opportunity for employment and educational services to all individuals as it relates to admission to the College or to programs, any aid, benefit, or service to students or wages and other terms, conditions or privileges of employment, without regard to race, color, ethnicity, national origin, age, religion, disability, marital status, gender, sexual orientation, genetic information and any other factor prohibited under applicable federal, state, and local civil rights laws, rules and regulations.
Valencia College extends preference in employment for eligible veterans in accordance to Florida State Statute 295.07.
Please press the apply button in the task box on the right column of this page to proceed and be redirected to the position announcement for this position on Valencia College’s website.