Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 9/16/2015.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
The Applied Learning Center (ALC) is the home of the Internship Program, Service Learning Program, Undergraduate Research Program, and the Center for Urban Connections (CUC). This position will provide supervision for the front office staff of the Applied Learning Center along with administrative and database support.
The Front Office Manager will report to the Director of the Applied Learning Center and will supervise 5-7 student employees.
1. Train and supervise 5-7 student employees who are responsible for front office operations, phones, reception duties, database management and orientation scheduling
2. Develop a full working knowledge of the Applied Learning Center Database which houses internship and volunteer position openings, tracks student internship referrals, and tracks student and faculty participants in undergraduate research and service learning
3. Distribute administrative and database projects among student staff and ensure timely completion of projects
4. Design and carry out a system of regular follow up with employers and students through the internship database
5. Post internship, volunteer, and service learning opportunities on the database
6. Manage the database to ensure that positions are up to date and placements are posted
7. Schedule regular training updates and performance reviews for front desk staff
8. Support the Applied Learning Center’s marketing and special events initiatives.
9. Manage social media and assist with other marketing initiatives.
-Bachelors Degree in management, communications, computer information systems, higher education, human resources, psychology, or related major.
- 3 years of experience managing multiple projects and priorities in an office environment.
- 3 years supervising and training customer service employees.
- Experience using Outlook, Excel, Word, and Power Point in a professional setting.
- 1 year experience managing a database.
- Experience in social media management.
-1 Year of experience working in higher education.
-1 Year of experience supervising and training student employees.
-Previous experience working with a CSO (Career Services online) or similar career services database product.
-Experience in event planning and marketing.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills as evidenced by the cover letter, resume and interview.
IMPORTANT: In order to be considered as an applicant you must apply via the online application system, www,msudenverjobs.com.
References refers to a list of three professional references and their contact information.
Official transcripts will be required of the candidate selected for hire.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.