Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 12/24/2015.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
Student Success Coach (Reg FT)
Community College of Allegheny County
Provide for students essential learning support services and serve as an individual mentor to students; monitor the progress of students and provide the encouragement and support necessary to enable students to complete their course of study at CCAC.
Work location and additional information:
This position will remain open until filled. However, in order to ensure consideration for an interview, please submit your completed application, cover letter and resume by no later than September 4, 2015. The College cannot guarantee that application materials received after this date will be considered or reviewed.
Two positions available: one at Boyce Campus and one at North Campus.
Boyce Campus position will need to travel to Braddock Hills Center and North Campus will need to travel to the West Hills Center.
Campus: College Wide
Days and Hours (for hourly position):
The position may require some evenings and Saturdays.
Associate's degree (Bachelor's preferred) in a related field with a minimum of two years experience in human services serving diverse populations or economically or educationally disadvantaged populations. Applicant must possess strong interpersonal and communication skills, ability and willingness to work collaboratively. Attention to detail and the ability to follow through with assisting the student. Commitment to the students' success and student centered education. Community College experience preferred.
1. Assist students in developing an educational plan and strategies to improve student success.
2. Monitor student progress by utilizing available technology and tracking systems.
3. Design and coordinate group learning activities to promote student success.
4. Meet individually and in small groups with students as needed.
5. Work with Student Development Services Staff to meet the social and human service needs of students.
6. Work with Financial Aid Office to monitor student aid.
7. Participate in student orientation.
8. Provide individual and/or group coaching on issues related to academic success.
9. Refer students to internal and outside programs for additional support services or for crisis intervention counseling and follow-up as needed.
10. Assist with the development and implementation of early intervention and retention programs.
11. Work with the various Student Development Services Offices to identify and recommend appropriate services designed to address student needs.
12. Serve on college committees as needed.
13. Compile information on program services, activities, and students. Maintain accurate, organized, completed, and detailed records and develop and maintain reports as required or assigned.
14. Participate in student recruitment activities.
15. Perform other related duties as required or assigned.
Job Category: Administrator
Job Type: Full-time
Department: Student Development
Job Open Date: 08-21-2015
Job Close Date:
All applicants must apply online at: http://apptrkr.com/661987. The College's online application system will allow you to complete a college application, apply online, answer screening questions, and attach a resume, cover letter and other documents.
Copyright ©2015 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.