Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 9/25/2015.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
Senior Library Clerk (Temp PT 25 hrs/wk)
Community College of Allegheny County
Performs a variety of technical and highly specialized library assignments involved in the investigation, acquisition, organization and dissemination of library materials to include books, reports, periodicals, serials, abstracts, manuscripts, slides and microfilm.
Work location and additional information:
Hourly Rate- $11.30
As an applicant, please anticipate taking job specific tests that may be administered if selected for testing.
Campus: North Campus
Days and Hours (for hourly position):
Monday - Tuesday 3:00 pm - 8:00 pm; Wednesday
3:30 pm - 8:00 pm; Thursday 4:00 pm - 8:00 pm; Saturday 8:00 am - 2:30 pm
Must be able to communicate with faculty, staff and students accurately; familiar with the location of the books and able to assist patron in find and retrieving the material from the library; tactfully and courteously and answer questions over the counter and on the telephone.
Education and Experience: A high school education with one year of clerical function experience in a library.
Skill Requirements: Must be able to operate standard office equipment including a copier, calculator, microfiche/microfilm reader and a computer. Must be able to type 30 WPM. Should possess good communication, interpersonal and clerical skills. Ability to communicate effectively and follow written and oral instructions.
Physical Requirements: Must be able to work in a general office environment.
1. Performs and oversees the Processing, Circulation, Periodicals, and/or functions of the library.
2. Assists in the interlibrary loan of materials and coordinates the notification and collection of overdue materials; assists patrons in using microfiche/film and various AV equipment.
3. Assists in taking inventory of materials and requisitions personnel, equipment and supplies as needed; maintains various statistics and prepares related reports.
4. Supervises various work assignments; reviews the work of subordinate personnel; assists in the training of new personnel; advises supervisor regarding specific personnel actions required.
5. Performs routine library assignments involved in searching records for catalog copy, preparing bibliographies and book lists, and maintaining card catalogs and book shelves; Operates office machines to include personal computers, typewriters, duplicating equipment, and adding machines.
6. Performs other related duties as required or assigned.
Job Category: Office Support Staff/Maintenance/Housekeeping
Job Type: Temporary Part-time
Department: Library and Learning Services
Job Open Date: 08-21-2015
Job Close Date: 9/4/2015
All applicants must apply online at: http://apptrkr.com/661931. The College's online application system will allow you to complete a college application, apply online, answer screening questions, and attach a resume, cover letter and other documents.
Copyright ©2015 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.