Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 10/17/2012.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
Posting Number: FY13131353
Title: Web Project Manager
Division: MK - Mktg, Communication & Public Affairs
Position Department: Digital Engagement
Position Band: 29E-Exempt/Salaried
Description of Duties:
Bentley University is hiring a Web Project Manager to support the delivery of web and mobile projects and the use of our Drupal content management platform across campus. The Web Project Manager will be responsible for translating high level business requirements into comprehensive technical documentation that informs the web development process and detailed project plans that sequence work and ensure on-time project delivery. The ideal candidate can quickly grasp complex aspects of web development operations (explaining the nuances between a Drupal "view" and "node"), can knock out detailed requirements at a moment's notice (and has an armful of release documentation to prove it!) and is comfortable rolling up his/her sleeves to work on a small, entrepreneurial team looking to make a large impact.
Additional Description of Duties: - Develop and maintain detailed project plans and initiate project tracking including inter-dependencies, milestones, etc. to ensure on-time delivery of work from developers, designers, content producers, internal stakeholders and external agencies/vendors. Identify risks and develop risk mitigation strategies for delivering project on-time.
- Lead all project-related meetings, keeping internal stakeholders and team members accountable for deliverables and up-to-date on project status.
- Produce technical release documentation, working with web developers to capture requirements for front-end Drupal theming and back-end module development.
- Produce QA testing plans and oversee acceptance testing for major releases.
- Lead hand-off of new sites to internal clients by producing training documentation and leading training workshops.
- Support Tier 1 Drupal development requests including permissions, etc.
- Identify and manage project and bug tracking tools including opening/closing and prioritization of of tickets, etc.
- Work with team to adopt project management best practices across functions, produce resources estimates for large initiatives, and assign and sequence work across team.
- Manage team of student workers, assigning tasks, scheduling and reviewing work, etc.
- Identify process improvement opportunities across departments within the Marketing division.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of training and experience required
- Minimum 3-4 years of experience in software/web development, with 2+ years overseeing complex cross-functional initiatives leveraging project management tools and best practices.
- Working knowledge of Drupal with proven ability to learn new technologies.
- Extremely proactive with a results-driven, hands-on approach, effectively able to engage and motivate multiple partners and team members, while delivering individual contributions.
- Strong communicator who can translate complex technology into business terms and operate at both conceptual and detail level.
- Problem solver who brings team members and clients together and can identify and propose solutions to resolve issues.
- Effective collaboration, relationship management and influence skills, along with a strong customer service orientation.
- Ability to learn and adopt new technology and principles quickly.
- Experience with Google Analytics or other web analytics solutions
- Sense of humor and positive attitude essential!
Required Applicant Documents: Resume/Curriculum Vitae
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Bentley University is an Equal Opportunity Employer, building strength through diversity.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/md676yt
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.