Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 2/22/2016.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
University of La Verne
Director of Digital Marketing Communications
Job Description Summary:
The University of La Verne is a national, comprehensive doctoral/research institution located in Southern California at the eastern edge of Los Angeles County. Annually ranked as one of America's Best Colleges by U.S. News & World Report and Forbes Magazine, the nearly 125 year-old, non-profit university offers bachelor's, master's and doctoral degree programs to over 8,500 students on its main campus in La Verne, 11 regional campuses and other sites throughout California.
The Director of Digital Marketing Communications is responsible for developing and coordinating internal and external digital marketing communications activities. The position provides leadership and oversight of the development, design, implementation, and editorial direction of effective print, electronic, web site and digital communications. The Director also plans, develops and implements the University's Internet marketing strategies and communications. The position assists the Associate Vice President & Chief Marketing Officer in providing strategic and tactical direction for broad marketing initiatives including web-based marketing, lead generation and other online projects aimed at achieving the University's student recruitment and marketing goals.
The position involves marketing activities, including advertising and promotion, web and social networking presence. The following are some of the specific duties and responsibilities:
* Monitors University digital communications to assure the University’s image and reputation are enhanced by internally produced electronic publications and communications.
* Formulates an integrated message to prospective students, applicants, and admitted students that highlights La Verne’s unique strengths within the higher education community.
* Coordinates all elements of the digital marketing communications plan in support of the goals of the Enrollment Management Office including target audience messaging, electronic (digital) communications, and production.
• Manages and grows the University’s social media presence by developing a strategic action plan to maximize its effectiveness in generating brand awareness and prospective student inquiries.
* Supervises web maintenance, web design, and other web support related personnel.
* Supervises student interns specifically assigned to support web design, content, support, and other marketing communication activities.
* Secures new lead sources; optimize existing lead sources.
* Manages online media advertising buys. Manages online lead generation using education portals.
• Develops compelling content on the university’s website.
• Brands the University using disruptive technologies to distribute content on the website.
* Responsible for developing and implementing web strategies to convey the University’s key messages to its various constituencies.
* Develops viral marketing campaigns on social network sites.
* Implements best practices for Search Engine Optimization to increase number of pages organically indexed and ranked on major search engines.
* Expands the quantity and quality of web-driven, prospective students via an integrated, online admissions process.
* Ensures navigational intuitive design that is audience and topic driven with user creating experience.
* Generates statistical reports on Web and electronic messaging effectiveness, online inquiries and other indicators that measure necessary trends and results.
* Keeps current of web technologies and issues that affect web development and marketing.
* Ensures content of web pages are in compliance with University Web Policy via WordPress content management system.
* Develops and maintains an up-to-date Web Marketing Manual and University Web Guidelines and Standards Manual.
• Bachelor’s degree
• Minimum of 5-7 years working in digital marketing communications including web-based marketing.
• Strong knowledge of Web, Marketing 2.0, and WordPress and prefer working knowledge of the latest digital software like XHTML , PHP , and more.
• Broad understanding of Web communications technology and marketing principles
Master’s degree preferred.
Experience in higher education institution(s) preferred.
Location: La Verne Central Campus
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: http://apptrkr.com/662595
The University of La Verne is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against employment or employees on any basis prohibited by state and federal law. University of La Verne hires and promotes individuals based on their qualifications and is consistent with applicable state and federal laws, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, disability, medical condition a or sexual orientation
Copyright ©2015 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.