Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 10/22/2015.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
The Spokane-based Applied Sciences Laboratory (ASL) of the Institute for Shock Physics (ISP) at Washington State University is seeking a Research Engineer to support a wide variety of research activities in the physical sciences and engineering, with an emphasis on materials research.
The overall responsibilities for this position are as follows:
• Oversee the day-to-day operation of the Materials Characterization Facility, including equipment operation and maintenance, customer interactions, and business development.
• Conduct and analyze research experiments, including sample preparation/characterization and the development of polymers/composite materials.
• Take the lead in managing safety procedures and protocols for ASL, including implementing appropriate safety policies and procedures, training ASL faculty and staff, and maintaining records.
• Prepare reports and publications, as needed.
Because of the diverse nature of the research activities in the Institute, the above list should be viewed as a representative, but not a complete, list of responsibilities.
Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate related scientific or engineering discipline and three (3) years of progressively responsible related professional research experience. A Master’s degree in an relevant scientific or engineering discipline may be substituted for up to one (1) year of the required work experience. Any combination of relevant education and experience may be substituted for the educational requirement on a year-for-year basis.
- M.S. Degree in Physical Sciences or Engineering with three (3) years of professional experience.
- Proficiency with ASTM or other testing protocols and NIST Standards
- Multiple years of business development/customer service
WASHINGTON STATE UNIVERSITY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EDUCATOR AND EMPLOYER. Members of ethnic minorities, women, special disabled veterans, veterans of the Vietnam-era, recently separated veterans, and other protected veterans, persons of disability and/or persons age 40 and over are encouraged to apply.
WSU is committed to excellence through diversity and faculty-friendly policy action, including partner accommodation and NSF ADVANCE Institutional Transformation programs (http://www.advance.wsu.edu/).
WSU employs only U.S. citizens and lawfully authorized non-U.S. citizens. All new employees must show employment eligibility verification as required by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services.
WSU is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodation in its services, programs, activities, education and employment for individuals with disabilities. To request disability accommodation in the application process, contact Human Resource Services: 509-335-4521(v), Washington State TDD Relay Service: Voice Callers: 1-800-833-6384; TDD Callers: 1-800-833-6388, 509-335-1259(f), or firstname.lastname@example.org.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.