Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 2/22/2016.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
The School of Hospitality Business Management (SHBM) at Washington State University is seeking two (2) qualified applicants for two (2) full-time, tenure-track teaching positions to begin August 16, 2016 at the rank of assistant or associate professor, depending on qualifications, with demonstrated research and lodging-industry experience. Positions will be housed on the Everett campus, and will be primarily responsible for delivering courses for Everett, via on-line and other cutting edge distance teaching methods on a flexible schedule. This may include course delivery to other urban campuses or Pullman via videoconference, and/or online. Some travel to urban campuses, and/or Pullman may be required.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Teaching four (4) undergraduate courses, and/or graduate courses per year (assigned in fall, spring, or summer) in the area of hospitality business management. Courses will be taught face-to-face, online and via streaming. Students may be in Pullman, Vancouver, Everett, Tri-Cities, Brig, or elsewhere around the globe.
• Conducting scholarly research and producing publications in top-tier hospitality journals.
• Serving on internal committees with other WSU faculty, external teaching partners, regional boards, and community entities.
• Thirty-six (36) months of successful, continuous hospitality industry lodging or casino gaming operations experience, at the managerial level.
• In addition, the successful candidate must have proven ability to work effectively in a collegial environment with faculty, staff, and PhD students, and with individuals and groups from a variety of identities, cultures, backgrounds, and ideologies.
To apply, go to www.wsujobs.com to complete the on-line application and submit the applicant documents: cover letter, CV, and contact information of at least three professional references.
Screening of applicants will begin on November 1, 2015.
Three (3) letters of recommendation will be requested by the search committee at a later point in the recruitment process.
Position is open until filled. For more information about the position please contact search committee chair, Mark Beattie at firstname.lastname@example.org.
WASHINGTON STATE UNIVERSITY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EDUCATOR AND EMPLOYER. Members of ethnic minorities, women, special disabled veterans, veterans of the Vietnam-era, recently separated veterans, and other protected veterans, persons of disability and/or persons age 40 and over are encouraged to apply.
WSU is committed to excellence through diversity and faculty-friendly policy action, including partner accommodation and NSF ADVANCE Institutional Transformation programs (http://www.advance.wsu.edu/).
WSU employs only U.S. citizens and lawfully authorized non-U.S. citizens. All new employees must show employment eligibility verification as required by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services.
WSU is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodation in its services, programs, activities, education and employment for individuals with disabilities. To request disability accommodation in the application process, contact Human Resource Services: 509-335-4521(v), Washington State TDD Relay Service: Voice Callers: 1-800-833-6384; TDD Callers: 1-800-833-6388, 509-335-1259(f), or email@example.com.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.