Detailed Job Description
This position provides administrative, enrollment, facilities, and technology support to all functions within the Campus President’s Office on East Campus. This position reports to the Campus Dean of Academic Affairs and exercises considerable initiative, independent judgment, and discretion.
East CampusDepartment: Campus President's Office
Essential Job Functions
Communication & Marketing
1. Coordinates the development and delivery of the East Campus Newsletter in collaboration with the Campus Dean of Academic Affairs, the Campus President and the Organizational Development Office.
2. Coordinates the development and maintenance of all campus-based academic affairs web pages.
3. Collaborates in the development of internal, external and special marketing plans for various academic affairs programs and services in collaboration with the Campus Dean of Academic Affairs.
Enrollment and Facilities
4. Coordinates scheduling and reporting of all East Campus Facilities in collaboration with the Campus Dean of Academic Affairs, Campus Operations Manager, Campus Technology Services, Food Services, Campus Plant Operations, Student Development, and the academic and student affairs teams.
5. Coordinates facilities and enrollment reports in collaboration with OIT, IR, and the Campus Dean of Academic Affairs.
6. Collaborates with the Campus Dean of Academic Affairs on recruitment and retention initiatives; honors, weekend college, and other special initiatives.
Customer Service & Training
7. Serves as front line learning leader delivering effective and responsive customer service to the college and community.
8. Supports development and implementation of campus wide training and professional development workshops for students, staff, faculty, and deans.
9. Other duties as assigned.
1. Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution (required).
2. Progressively responsible experience, in student or academic affairs, which demonstrates ability to work without close supervision (preferred).
3. Experience in working with data and reports; data analysis (preferred).
4. Experience in the development of electronic newsletters and web pages (preferred).
5. Experience in delivering exemplary customer service (preferred).
6. Experience working with students in an educational setting (preferred).
7. A demonstrated commitment to diversity.
8. Must be able to perform all of the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Knowledge Skills Abilities
1. Knowledge of college's policies and procedures.
2. Ability to use technology and multiple software programs; MS Office, Banner, SAS Data Warehouse, SAS Visual Analytics.
3. Ability to maintain records and files.
4. Skill in use of personal computers and general office software applications, particularly Microsoft Office.
5. Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with students, employees, and the public.
6. Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
7. Ability to work independently and as a team member with flexibility and thoroughness.
8. Ability to organize work, prioritize changing needs, follow through on multiple projects, and make decisions within time constraints.
9. Ability to work effectively in a diverse community and meet the needs of diverse student populations.
Equal Employment and Preference-Eligibility
Valencia College provides equal opportunity for equal opportunity for employment and educational services to all individuals as it relates to admission to the College or to programs, any aid, benefit, or service to students or wages and other terms, conditions or privileges of employment, without regard to race, color, ethnicity, national origin, age, religion, disability, marital status, gender, sexual orientation, genetic information and any other factor prohibited under applicable federal, state, and local civil rights laws, rules and regulations.
Valencia College extends preference in employment for eligible veterans in accordance to Florida State Statute 295.07.
Please press the apply button in the task box on the right column of this page to proceed and be redirected to the position announcement for this position on Valencia College’s website.