Detailed Job Description
Provides daily supervision of accounts payable staff. Maintains and enforces accounts payable procedures and guidelines, working within Florida statutes and established Valencia regulations. Evaluates new processes and procedures as needed to streamline our business practices. Works with other college staff and departments on changes/upgrades to applicable software. Analyzes accounts payable data and prepares all reports and information requests. Works in conjunction with campus Business Office Coordinators in issuance of weekly student financial aid and refund checks.
District OfficeDepartment: Financial Services
Essential Job Functions
1. Works with each team member on a variety of issues including vendor interactions, management of overall workload and updating of skills.
2. Completes annual evaluations, verifies accuracy of work, counsels staff on any discrepancies and retrains if necessary to achieve desired results.
3. Stays current on changes in Florida laws, statutes and regulations regarding the payment of invoices, travel expenses and disbursement records.
4. Compiles information and monthly reports needed by Property Management to ensure completeness and accuracy of College's fixed asset records. Works with the Property Management staff to rectify any discrepancies in records, and prepares journal entries as needed.
5. Maintains periodic statistical information on accounts payable processing to determine distribution of workload and
implement any changes necessary.
6. Performs check run process. Monitors the processes and interfaces needed to complete the check process; ensures timely and accurate reporting to our bank of all accounts payable check issues.
7. Handles accounts payable stop pay and stale dated check requests, ensuring accuracy of records and reissuing checks as needed. Reports new information to bank and other college departments as needed. Performs research, due diligence, and assists in filing State of Florida annual unclaimed property (checks) report.
8. Works in conjunction with the Director, Financial Services on annual vendor related tax reporting for the College to ensure accurate and timely filing of 1099 forms and other vendor tax reports as needed in accordance with Internal Revenue Service rules.
9. Reviews vendor records and completes informational requests as needed.
10. Maintains accounts payable files, determines storage and retention needs for long term storage.
11. Responsible for following proper audit procedures and maintaining necessary documentation to support compliance and provide external and internal auditors.
12. Other duties as assigned.
1. Associate's degree from regionally accredited institution or high school diploma or equivalent and experience in accounts payable.
2. Progressively responsible experience in an educational or similar business office.
3. Knowledge of Microsoft Office software (Excel, Word, Access) Banner financial software or similar applications.
4. Supervisory experience.
5. A demonstrated commitment to diversity.
6. Must be able to perform all of the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accomodation.
Knowledge Skills Abilities
1. Knowledge and understanding of accounting principles, procedures and practices.
2. Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
3. Ability to organize workload and establish priorities.
4. Ability to provide leadership, guidance and motivation to staff.
5. Ability to work effectively in a diverse community and meet the needs of diverse student populations.
6. Knowledge of State and College rules, regulations, policies, and procedures.
7. Demonstrates ability to access, input, retrieve, analyze, and report information from multiple software applications.
8. Skilled in interpersonal communications and critical thinking.
9. Ability to work under pressure without direct supervision.
10. Abilitiy to remain calm and professional in emotionally charged situations.
$36,010 - $39,322 per year
Equal Employment and Preference-Eligibility
Valencia College provides equal opportunity for equal opportunity for employment and educational services to all individuals as it relates to admission to the College or to programs, any aid, benefit, or service to students or wages and other terms, conditions or privileges of employment, without regard to race, color, ethnicity, national origin, age, religion, disability, marital status, gender, sexual orientation, genetic information and any other factor prohibited under applicable federal, state, and local civil rights laws, rules and regulations.
Valencia College extends preference in employment for eligible veterans in accordance to Florida State Statute 295.07.
Please press the apply button in the task box on the right column of this page to proceed and be redirected to the position announcement for this position on Valencia College’s website.