Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 1/10/2013.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
Reporting to the Dean of the Professional Education Division, the Chair will serve as the academic and administrative leader of the Department. (This is a 12-month administrative position with a renewable contract.)
The Chair will be an accomplished educator and scholar with a demonstrated record of administrative experience in higher education (preferably in an arts environment). S/he must have strong leadership qualities, and managerial and organizational skills. S/he will have excellent communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to work collaboratively with a wide variety of constituencies on- and off-campus. The ideal candidate will have a terminal degree in a Liberal Arts discipline and a commitment to the education of music students.
• Represent the Liberal Arts Department as an administrative leader on- and off-campus
• Advance the student experience and the work of the Department, the Division, and the College
• Oversee curriculum development, review, and management
• Oversee faculty including development, mentoring, and evaluation
• Manage Department budget and maintain accurate records
• Identify and address Departmental goals
• Serve on Department, Division, and College committees
• Assist with student advising
• Oversee Liberal Arts tutoring programs and placement screenings
• Facilitate Liberal Arts guest artists and events
• Teach a minimum of one Liberal Arts course per fall/spring semester
• Doctoral degree required
• A record of administrative experience in higher education (preferably including experience with faculty recruitment and evaluation; curriculum development; budget planning and oversight; and event planning)
• College or university teaching experience in a Liberal Arts discipline
• Record of creative scholarship/professional activity (demonstrating academic excellence and professional service)
• Record of participation in professional organizations
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills
• Strong command of technology to support administrative tasks
The start date for the position is August 1, 2013 or earlier depending on availability.
1. Electronic applications only
2. Candidates should submit:
• A cover letter of interest outlining background and qualifications
• A curriculum vitae (including contact information for at least three references)
• Note: Supporting materials may be requested as the search progresses.
3. Please use documents in either Word or PDF format and apply online at the Berklee jobs page (www.berklee.edu/jobs). A direct link to the job page for this position is provided below.
Address your cover letter to: Liberal Arts Chair Search Committee, Attn: Darla Hanley, Dean, Professional Education Division, Berklee College of Music.
APPLICATION REVIEW AND DEADLINE
1. Review of applications will begin September 24, 2012.
2. This search will remain open for applications until the position is filled.
Berklee College of Music is committed to increasing the diversity of the college community and the curriculum. Candidates who can contribute to that goal are encouraged to apply and to identify their strengths in this area.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.