Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 12/12/2012.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
Berklee College of Music invites applications for a full-time faculty position in the Contemporary Writing and Production Department. This is a 9-month teaching position with a renewable contract.
Located in Boston, Massachusetts, Berklee College of Music is the world's largest independent music college and the premier institution for the study of contemporary music. The Berklee community consists of 4,100 talented and diverse students from 80 countries, 560 internationally respected faculty, 500 dedicated staff, and a global extended family of alumni, whose numerous Grammy awards testify to their indelible contributions to the music of our time.
The Contemporary Writing and Production Department comprises a faculty of 29 teachers and provides Core Music instruction in music writing and arranging for all Berklee students. In addition, the department provides instruction in the Contemporary Writing and Production concentratation to students who have declared the CWP major. The student majoring in CWP studies writing, arranging, scoring, and production, and learns to apply these skills and concepts by writing for and overseeing the production of a wide variety of ensembles, ranging from small groups to studio orchestra in both recording and live performance situations. The student also learns about the role of the professional writer in today’s music industry, developing the skills and knowledge to function effectively as writer, arranger, and producer under a wide variety of conditions and music industry environments.
Primary teaching responsibilities will include: upper level arranging and writing courses that incorporate advanced arranging and production techniques, concepts, and music writing skills; working one-on-one with students in Directed Study as they prepare their graduation portfolio and make the transition from student to industry professional; and developing and refining curriculum to reflect the changes and developments in the music industry.
Experience and Qualifications:
• Significant past and current experience as an active composer, arranger, conductor, and producer in a variety of contemporary music styles, with particular emphasis on writing for commercials, TV and multi-media;
• High level skills in music production both in the recording studio and using current music software on the DAW;
• Teaching experience in writing, arranging, and music technology is preferable;
• Master of Music or equivalent professional experience;
• An interest in working in a diverse workplace with a multicultural student body;
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
• A willingness to adhere to a structured curriculum and to develop course content and supplemental materials.
Electronic submission of application materials only. Please apply online at http://tinyurl.com/BerkleeFTCWP and upload the following documents with your application:
• A letter of application
• A current resume or CV
• A statement of your teaching philosophy
• Letters of recommendations from three references
• Links to websites or online resources with representative samples of your work
You may be asked to submit additional materials after the search committee has reviewed your application.
Deadline: Monday, November 5th, 5:00 pm.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.