Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 12/11/2012.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
Millikin University seeks a visionary, collaborative, and innovative leader to serve as Dean of the Tabor School of Business. Review of applications will begin immediately.
The Dean of the Tabor School of Business position is an excellent opportunity for an academic leader with an entrepreneurial mindset to build on the Tabor School’s accomplishments and drive the School to the next level of success. The Tabor School is dedicated to performance learning -- creating opportunities for students to perform and compete early and often in order to gain the confidence to succeed. This focus has driven innovation in the content and delivery of the business curriculum that not only creates a unified sense of purpose across the Tabor School, but is also integrated across the entire University. Examples include, but are not limited to:
• More than 30 entrepreneurially focused courses outside the business school in such disciplines as Art, English, Biology, Music Business, Social Services, Theatre, etc.
• Faculty-student run ventures across campus.
• Curriculum focused on delivering business solutions locally, nationally, and internationally. Recent examples of clients include a well-known global food products corporation based in Italy and an African government.
• A curriculum-focused $100,000 student-managed investment fund.
• A strong entrepreneurship in the arts program.
• Required freshmen business plan competition which rewards the winning team with a paid international business experience. This performance ethic carries throughout students’ tenure at Millikin.
• The nationally recognized Center for Entrepreneurship, requires entrepreneurship majors to start a business before graduating.
• The well-respected MBA program delivers synchronized learning nationally and internationally.
Reporting to the Vice President for Academic Affairs, the Dean serves as a key member of the University’s leadership team and is a member of the Deans’ Council and the Academic Council. The Tabor School of Business one of four academic units at Millikin, including the College of Arts and Sciences, the College of Fine Arts, and the College of Professional Studies. The Dean oversees all business undergraduate and graduate-level programs in both traditional and non-traditional delivery formats. Undergraduate business majors include Accounting, Entrepreneurship, Finance, Information Systems, International Business, Management, and Marketing. Given the interdisciplinary nature of Millikin and its focus on entrepreneurship, the Tabor School serves a significant number of non-business students. There are approximately 350 business majors, however, Tabor serves numerous majors that require students to complete business courses.
• Prepare students for the 21st century business environment by providing them access to leading academic theory coupled with performance learning that privileges “doing business.”We believe that students who practice will win.
• Ensure educational quality across all College programs by effective allocation of departmental and program resources.
• Recruit and retain faculty with extensive business experience and business and professional connections.
• Monitor effectiveness of curriculum initiatives and learning outcomes assessment processes to ensure integrity and rigor of the academic program.
• Contribute to the development of the University strategic plan and implement the plan as it relates to the College.
• Acutely aware of the external competitive environment. Provides direction and guidance to remain competitive.
• Obtain resources (infrastructure, faculty, technology, scholarship) that result in winning vis-à-vis our competition.
• Engage local, state, national, and international business communities and University stakeholders to advise and provide opportunities for students.
• Experienced academic or business leader with an advanced degree.
• Demonstrated ability to successfully execute the responsibilities outlined above.
• Commitment to the preparation and development of students’ business acumen to ensure their success in the business environment and future endeavors.
• High energy and optimism.
• Commitment to the value of grounding professional programs within the liberal arts.
• Confidence to act as an advocate for College faculty and programs, while also working collaboratively across campus to advance University-wide goals.
Millikin University is a private, residential university located on a beautiful 75-acre campus in Decatur, Illinois. The Tabor School of Business is accredited by The Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs.
Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled. Applicants should complete an online application at www.millikin.edu/employment. Please attach a cover letter and resume with your application. Employment and first day of work is contingent upon successful completion of background check. Millikin University is an equal opportunity employer.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.