Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 9/10/2015.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
This position is responsible for the overall coordination, analysis, and production of information on prospects and donors to MSU Denver that will be used in support of the philanthropic mission of the University. The Associate Director of Prospect Research reports directly to the Associate Vice President, but maintains close working relationships with other Advancement Services, Development and Alumni Relations staff.
RESEARCH LEADERSHIP 20%
• Maintains an overall knowledge of the University’s prospect pipeline to assist fundraisers in developing appropriate cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship strategies. Provides proactive strategy suggestions and on-going informational updates to assigned fundraisers on existing prospects.
• Participates in the Continuum of Services in support of the fundraising needs of the campus, cultivates campus partnerships to increase the knowledge base of prospects and donors, serves on committees and in leadership roles, as appropriate.
• Serves as a research and analytical expert to University Advancement and campus partners, by providing useful interpretation and suggested application of data.
• Supports and participates in weekly Prospect Management meetings, providing reports and data reviews to enhance discussion on pipeline status, prospect segmentation, analytics, and new prospects.
• Provides expert advice to users of Raiser’s Edge, regarding access to and use of biographical information, notes, screening and analytics results. In partnership with Advancement Services, makes recommendations for storing research-related information in the Raiser’s Edge, keeping end-user needs in mind.
PROSPECT RESEARCH 70%
• Prepares professional in-depth briefings and a range of biographical and qualifying reports as requested, presenting relevant results, using diverse resources and informational sources. Updates prospect profiles in the database and files to keep records up-to-date and useful.
• Maintains and updates prospect management ratings and information within Raiser’s Edge database, relevant to support the identification, segmentation, qualification, financial assessment, and assignment of new, pipeline, and active prospects.
• Responds to research and prospect qualification inquiries to support the fundraising and engagement efforts of the President’s Office, Vice President, Foundation board members, all fundraisers, Assoc VP, and other members of University Advancement, as requested. Tracks requests, workflow and status in order to provide quarterly operational reports.
• Proactively identifies new prospects, updates existing reports/bios, and provides supplemental and on-going information to assigned fundraiser on existing prospects.
• Identifies and qualifies 100 new major gift prospects annually, supporting the identification with full profiles, presented at Prospect Management meetings, and resulting in solicitor assignment. Provide tracking status on new prospects toward quarterly reporting.
• Applies best practice research methodology to gather, analyze and synthesize biographical, financial, qualifying, analytical and historical data for individuals, alumni, corporations, and foundations to support University Advancement in the accomplishment of defined fundraising objectives and strategies.
RESEARCH OPERATIONS 10%
• Participates in research industry meetings and stays aware of new methods, practices, and resources toward the advancement of MSU Denver’s fundraising operations.
• Provides prospect management support through reports and analytics, as assigned.
• Manages research files, records and resources. Proactively identifies and investigates alternative and new resources. Oversees digitization of paper records.
• Hires and trains student assistants based on available budgets.
• Proactive participation and leadership within the Advancement Services and University Advancement teams, promoting a unique and vital expertise, and accepting project and group assignments as needed.
3+ years full-time research experience in a fundraising environment
Proven experience using professional online and print resources to qualify prospects, including biographical, philanthropic, and corporate sources
Proven experience conducting research that includes efforts focused on data collection, investigation, analysis, qualification and synthesis
Direct experience with MS Office suite and relational databases.
Demonstrated proficiency at presenting relevant information and data in a structured and purposeful format (Note this will be tested through additional written materials, see special instructions)
Advanced training in research methods related to and in support of fundraising
Experience working collaboratively in a diverse fundraising setting
Proven ability to analyze data for relevancy, trends and patterns, and segmentation purposes.
Experience as a prospect researcher in a higher education fundraising setting
Advanced proficiency in applying and analyzing wealth and financial data.
Ability and inclination to be a self-starter, to be self-motivated, and to work with little supervision.
2+ year’s experience with Raiser’s Edge alumni/donor database.
Demonstrated attention to detail
IMPORTANT: In order to be considered as an applicant you must apply via the online application system, www.msudenverjobs.com.
References refers to a list of three professional references and their contact information.
Please submit a sample research report that you’ve completed under “other document.”
Official transcripts will be required of the candidate selected for hire.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.