Detailed Job Description
Responsible for processing a portfolio of international student applications for all college enrollment semesters. Coordinates the admissions process for international applicants and evaluates admissions documentation to ensure completeness, accuracy, and compliance with federal, state, and institutional policies and procedures. Makes official admissions decisions for international student applications. Responsible for the daily processing of international applications, student inquiries, student records, and other office duties.
West CampusDepartment: International Student Services
Essential Job Functions
1. Processes all degree-seeking international applications for fall, spring, and summer and serves as the primary point of contact for the admissions process.
2. Receives, reviews, and processes all international student applications for completeness and accuracy; creates and maintains accurate application and document records in the college's learning management system.
3. Assists applicants by coordinating the receipt of official high school/college transcripts, financial documents, immigration documents, and other admissions requirements.
4. Ensures completion of applications through a regulated communication schedule/plan.
5. Provides specific admissions related guidance to international applicants via face to face meetings, email, phone, Skype, etc.
6. Evaluates documents and test scores to determine if applicants meet college admissions requirements and inputs admissions decisions into college database.
7. Works closely with international recruitment team to seamlessly coordinate the application and admissions process for prospective international students.
8. Advises prospective international students regarding admissions requirements, degrees and programs of study, and immigration regulations.
9. Provides placement testing guidance to international applicants and explains test results and placement levels.
10. Analyzes and inputs high school coursework from other colleges and universities; reviews transfer course work.
11. Evaluates foreign high school/secondary school transcripts to determine U.S. equivalency.
12. Prepares and reviews admission reports on a daily basis to track number of applicants, complete applications, incomplete applications, and other critical data points.
13. Acts as a liaison to various college departments, including Admissions & Records, to resolve electronic application errors and verify accurate input of course credits and attributes.
14. Assesses admissions procedures on a regular basis to improve processes and increase efficiency.
15. Serves as designated school official (DSO) to provide immigration advising and remains current with the latest immigration regulations.
16. Performs other duties as assigned.
1. Associate's degree from a regionally accredited institution preferred.
2. Experience working in college or university admissions and records areas, or other relevant higher education experience preferred.
3. U.S. citizen or U.S. permanent resident [required] by Federal regulations.
4. Experience working with international students preferred.
5. Experience evaluating admission related documents, including foreign high school or secondary school transcripts.
6. Proficiency in at least one language other than English relevant to a desired market for international students preferred.
7. Must be able to perform all of the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Knowledge Skills Abilities
1. Knowledge of the principles of student advising and student development theory.
2. Knowledge of SEVIS and F-1 visa student regulations as outlined in 8 C.F.R. § 2
3. Skill in the use of personal computers and general office software.
4. Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
5. Ability to effectively manage multiple responsibilities in fast-paced work environment.
6. Ability to think critically, set priorities, and make sound and prudent decisions.
7. Ability to research related information and regulations, prepare reports and documents, and attend to details with a high level of accuracy.
8. Ability to maintain a professional demeanor and composure, amidst challenging interpersonal interactions.
9. Ability to work effectively in a diverse community and meet the needs of diverse student populations.
$32,975 per year
Equal Employment and Preference-Eligibility
Valencia College provides equal opportunity for equal opportunity for employment and educational services to all individuals as it relates to admission to the College or to programs, any aid, benefit, or service to students or wages and other terms, conditions or privileges of employment, without regard to race, color, ethnicity, national origin, age, religion, disability, marital status, gender, sexual orientation, genetic information and any other factor prohibited under applicable federal, state, and local civil rights laws, rules and regulations.
Valencia College extends preference in employment for eligible veterans in accordance to Florida State Statute 295.07.
Please press the apply button in the task box on the right column of this page to proceed and be redirected to the position announcement for this position on Valencia College’s website.