Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 10/28/2012.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
SAN JOSE/EVERGREEN COMMUNITY COLLEGE DISTRICT
Dean of Language Arts
The Dean of Language Arts reports to the Vice President of Academic Affairs at Evergreen Valley College. This is a 12-month per year position, 40 hours per week, Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
This is a full-time management position.
Reporting to the Vice President of Academic Affairs, the Dean of Language Arts provides for the educational welfare of students and the professional needs of staff in the division. Working cooperatively with the staff, and operating within established duties and responsibilities, the Dean has the responsibility and authority to make decisions on matters related to the division: plan, organize, administer, develop, and evaluate the programs, schedule, projects, division budget, and activities of assigned instructional divisions; provide leadership for faculty and staff in offering quality educational services for college students; and supervise and evaluate the performance of assigned personnel.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
1. Higher educations current practices in community colleges.
2. Learning theory, innovative learning outcomes and learning styles.
3. Instructional delivery modalities.
4. Development and Evaluation of curriculum and programs.
5. Course articulation.
6. Student matriculation process.
7. Budget analysis, preparation and control.
8. Funding and budget methods and regulations regarding the use of funds.
9. Principles and practices of administration, supervision, and training.
10. Interpersonal skills using tact, patience, respect and courtesy.
11. District organization, operations, policies, mission, and objectives.
Skills and Abilities:
1. Plan, organize, develop, and evaluate the programs, activities, and curriculum of a college instructional division with faculty and staff to meet student and community needs.
2. Communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, with faculty and staff, students, and community members.
3. Work effectively with students, faculty, and staff from multi-cultural backgrounds and promote access, success, and equity.
4. Present a positive image of the College in the community.
5. Recruit, train, supervise, and evaluate personnel.
6. Analyze situations accurately and adopt an effective course of action.
7. Plan and organize work to meet schedules and time lines.
8. Understand the needs of the Division in the context of the overall instructional programs and participate with the management team to coordinate projects and set goals and priorities for the College as a whole to offer effective services to students.
9. Organize and chair meetings, lead workshops, facilitate group discussions, and involve faculty and staff in idea generation, goal setting, and decision making.
10. Management theory for the development of grants or special project applications.
1. Typical office environment.
Education and Experience:
1. Master's degree in a discipline related to the assignment.
2. One year of formal training, internship or leadership experience reasonably related to the administrative assignment.
3. Demonstrated sensitivity, knowledge, and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, gender, cultural, disability and ethnic backgrounds of the students we serve and sensitivity to and knowledge and understanding of groups historically underrepresented, and groups who may have experienced discrimination.
Possession of a California Community College Supervisor Credential.
Special Licenses, Certificates, etc.:
MANAGEMENT EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Evergreen Valley College
Academic Position Type:
Academic Position Term:
$105,983 - $122,688 Annual Salary (Range 30: Management Salary Schedule Fiscal Year 2011-2012). Salaries are non-negotiable. Starting placement is generally at Step 1.
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Income Protection and Retirement. Management positions include 20 vacation days, 17 holidays and 6 Administrative Leave days per year.
Employment Start Date:
As soon as possible.
Application Procedures, Notes and Contact Information:
Interested applicants MUST SUBMIT ONLINE ALL of the following materials by the closing date to be considered for the position (This job posting is found at the following URL: http://apptrkr.com/288354 or https://jobs.sjeccd.edu. To apply, you MUST FIRST click the link "APPLY FOR THIS POSTING" on the job posting):
1. A completed online San Jose/Evergreen Community College District ADMINISTRATIVE/MANAGEMENT POSITION APPLICATION
2. COVER LETTER
(Must state how you meet ALL the minimum qualifications in EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE as described in the job announcement Minimum Qualifications section. Also, state how you meet other qualifications)
4. TRANSCRIPT(S) - NOT DIPLOMAS - (unofficial or official copies) for stated degrees/coursework and must have the degree confer/award dates (circled). Official transcripts will be required prior to employment start date should the position be offered.
ABOUT TRANSCRIPTS: If you do not have an electronic version of the transcript, you can get it scanned at Kinkos, Office Max, Office Depot, Staples, etc.; then attach the electronic version of your transcript to this online application at the later part of the application process.
1. Only complete application materials will be considered (No exception for any or internal applicants). Application materials must include: a. ADMINISTRATIVE / MANAGEMENT POSITION APPLICATION, b. COVER LETTER, c. RESUME, and d. TRANSCRIPT(S) of degrees having confer/award date on the transcript. (The criminal history explanation, if any, must be provided and will NOT be forwarded to the screening committee)
2. Incomplete application packet and/or documents received by Human Resources after the closing date will not be considered (No exception for employees or non-employees).
3. Applications not having all required minimum qualifications in education and experience as stated in the Minimum Qualifications section will not receive further considerations.
4. Letters of Recommendation are not required and will not be included in the application packet. Additional documents that are not requested may not be included.
5. DEGREES/COURSEWORKS must have been awarded by a college or university ACCREDITED by an accrediting body recognized by the U.S. Council on Post-Secondary Accreditation and/or the U.S. Department of Education.
6. FOREIGN DEGREES/COURSEWORKS: Candidates with DEGREES and CREDITS earned outside of the United States MUST provide official certification of equivalency to U. S. degrees by a certified U. S. credential review service, must have a U.S. evaluation (course by course of the transcripts) and must be submitted with the application. Simple translation of the language on foreign transcripts, coursework, or similar will NOT suffice; thus will cause the application packet to be judged as incomplete.
7. Upon hire the successful candidate must provide the required documents of identity and authorization to work and attest he/she is authorized to work in the United States.
8. Application materials become the property of the district and will not be returned or duplicated for applicants.
9. Travel expenses to attend the interview are the responsibility of the candidate.
10. Meeting the minimum qualifications does not assure an interview.
11. The District may re-advertise, delay, choose not to fill the position, or choose to fill more than one position.
For assistance, contact: HR Employment Services
4750 San Felipe Road, San Jose, CA 95135
Phone: (408) 270-6414 Fax: (408) 223-6341
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement:
San Jose/Evergreen Community College District is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to nondiscrimination on the basis of ethnic group identification, race, color, language, accent, immigration status, ancestry, national origin, age, gender, religion, sexual orientation, transgender, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, and physical or mental disability consistent with applicable federal and state laws. Reasonable accommodations will be provided for applicants with disabilities who self-disclose.
- At EVC, 3095 Yerba Buena Road, San Jose, CA 95135 -- Title IX Officer: VP Irma Archuleta (408) 274-7900 X.6749; ADA/504 Section Officer: VP Yulian Ligioso or designee (408) 274-7900
- At SJCC, 2100 Moorpark Ave., San Jose, CA 95128 --
Title IX Officer: VP Elaine Burns (408) 288-3191; Section 504 /ADA Officer: VP of Administrative Services or designee(408) 288-3723.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.