Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 9/8/2015.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
The Transfer Student Success and Persistence Specialist reports directly to the Coordinator of Transfer Student Success and Persistence. The Specialist is responsible for working with the Coordinator to expand retention efforts aimed at retaining and graduating transfer students. The Specialist will execute these duties through reviewing, collecting and evaluating data, collaboration with staff and faculty across the campus community, creating and managing innovative programming/services for transfer students, and meeting individually and as groups with transfer students.
(35%) Collaboration with Campus Community: Under the direction of the Coordinator, the Transfer Student Success and Persistence Specialist will outreach to campus constituents relevant to transfer students such as: Admissions, Academic Advising, Orientation, Registrar, Financial Aid, etc. as well as faculty. The Specialist will work with various departments to connect existing programs/services and provide a streamlined transition for transfer students from recruitment through graduation. The Specialist will work with staff and faculty to provide training that will facilitate consistent advising of transfer students and transfer initiatives, and how to best serve our transfer student population through reviewing and implementing best practices for transfer students.
(10%) Data Management and Technology: The Specialist will be responsible for reviewing, collecting, and evaluating current MSU Denver data regarding the persistence, retention, and completion of transfer students as well as researching other similar institutions.
(35%) Scheduling and oversight: Under the direction of the Coordinator the Specialist will review best practices and evaluate current programming for transfer students to create or adjust services. The specialist will collaborate with campus constituents to provide comprehensive services. The Specialist will evaluate programming for effectiveness. The Specialist will create, organize, market, and manage the Transfer Affinity Groups (TAGS) in conjunction with the Coordinator. The Specialist will also help create, organize, market, and manage Transfer Learning Communities in conjunction with the Coordinator.
(10%) Support Services for Students: Support services include the following: advising/coaching, career planning, referrals to appropriate resources on campus, assistance with financial aid forms, goal/future planning, encouraging students to participate in campus activities, academic guidance, and tracking of academic progress. The Specialist will also be responsible for communicating with faculty concerning the academic performance of assigned students.
The Specialist will also be responsible for understanding Colorado Guaranteed Transfer Pathway Courses and MSU Denver Articulation Agreements.
(10%) Other Duties as Assigned: Perform additional duties as assigned by the Associate Director of Academic Success or the Coordinator of Transfer Student Success. The Specialist will assist and support comprehensive retention management initiatives. Represent the program on various University committees/task forces related to student retention and academic support student issues.
• One year experience in higher education working directly with traditional and non-traditional students.
• Experience working with diverse populations.
• Experience providing supportive services to students such as major declaration, course selection, graduate school preparation, and career evaluation.
• At least 3 years of experience working with Microsoft Office.
• Experience creating and managing a program that provides support and assistance to students.
• A Master’s degree in behavioral sciences, social sciences, psychology, communications or other related areas.
• Experience gathering data and conducting data analysis to inform decisions
• A minimum of 3 years of experience working directly with higher education faculty and/or staff with the intended outcome of increased student satisfaction and retention.
• Experience working with transfer students.
• Awareness of college student retention theories and practices.
• Familiarity with various academic support initiatives and research.
• Database Management.
• Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills.
• Experience creating and implementing workshops or training for professional staff.
• Familiarity with Colorado Guaranteed Transfer Pathway Courses and Articulation Agreements.
IMPORTANT: in order to be considered as applicant YOU MUST FILL OUT THE APPLICATION AT https://www.msudenverjobs.com. Official Transcripts will be required of the candidate selected for hire.
Please note: references refers to the list of the names and contact information for three professional references.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.