Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 9/8/2015.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
The Assistant Director of Alumni Programs is an essential member of University Advancement responsible for creating and executing and supporting comprehensive and innovative alumni programs and networking opportunities that create impactful engagement between alumni and the University.
The Assistant Director participate as an active member of the Alumni Relations team and reports directly to the Interim Director of Alumni Relations and Giving to create and evaluate strategies as needed.
60% Alumni Relations Programing
• Oversee specific program development and execution for Alumni Relations engagement and stewardship initiatives;
• In collaboration with Marketing and Communications, create and manage a Legislative Education and Advocacy alumni group
• Create, implement and facilitate events targeting alumni within strategic industries;
• Create and implement a comprehensive alumni mentoring program
• Provide ongoing support for Alumni Relations and Giving events.
• Create, implement and manage a comprehensive alumni recognition program including providing oversight to the Alumni Awards Ceremony
30% Volunteer Recruitment and Management
• Work with Advancement Services to create a volunteer management tracking and reporting system to support volunteer management efforts;
• Actively recruit alumni volunteers for various programming and volunteer needs;
• Appropriately manage and steward alumni volunteers;
• Work with campus partners to identify volunteer opportunities;
• Work with University Advancement to match development prospects with available volunteer opportunities; and
• Provide regular reports to University Advancement team.
10% Other Duties as Assigned
• Assist with implementing various alumni recognition programs including:
o Collaborating with internal and external clients to create content for and produce monthly alumni profiles
o Assisting with the creation and distribution of a quarterly alumni e-newsletter;
• Maintain and update alumni contact reports and other prospect data; and
• Perform other related duties as assigned by the Interim Director of Alumni Relations and Giving.
2)Minimum 2 years of professional experience
3)Minimum 1 year event planning experience
4)Experience in program development
5)Experience conducting program evaluation
6)Experience providing customer service;
1)Experience working in Raiser’s Edge or similar CRM software.
2)Evidence of successful creation, implementation and evaluation of projects.
3)Direct experience with Adobe Photoshop or InDesign; and
4)Experience working in higher education.
5) Demonstrated skills at building collaborative relationships with internal and external constituents;
6) Ability to maintain confidentiality.
7)Must possess excellent organization skills.
8)Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
IMPORTANT: In order to be considered as an applicant you must apply via the online application system, www.msudenverjobs.com.
References refers to a list of three professional references and their contact information.
Official transcripts will be required of the candidate selected for hire.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.