Detailed Job Description
Coordinates implementation of department's educational programs for international/local students and supports program management. Responsibilities include coordinating and communicating with instructors, setting up student activities and events, assisting with marketing initiatives, and communicating with educational partners. Assists in the implementation of new curriculum and in updating existing curriculum to meet students' needs and grow all programs. This position requires having a flexible schedule that may include early mornings, evenings and weekends to accommodate program needs.
Osceola Campus Department: Continuing Education (CE), Continuing International Education (CIE) Administration
Essential Job Functions
1. Supports the creation of the program schedule, including orientation, labs, workshops, and events; enters schedule into the college's learning management system and departmental software program; updates schedule as needed.
2. Schedules and confirms instructors for the programs, labs, and events; serves as primary contact for instructors; maintains instructor records; processes instructor payments.
3. Assists with recruiting, hiring, and onboarding of instructors; coordinates professional development activities for instructors.
4. Sets up course materials for programs; maintains inventory and filing systems of educational and other materials; coordinates the collection of course evaluations to demonstrate program results.
5. Purchases materials according to college policies and guidelines; coordinates company credit card functions; monitors program budget and expenses.
6. Reserves rooms and coordinates A/V equipment for all program courses, labs, and events.
7. Communicates with staff and program managers, other college departments, and outside vendors as needed for program implementation and coordination.
8. Liaises and communicates with educational partners in support of program delivery requirements; generates program billing information.
9. Attends the start of each session/program to help instructors and students as needed.
10. Coordinates new student orientations and acts as backup facilitator when needed.
11. Coordinates a variety of events for students both on and offsite; promotes events to students; acts as chaperone (when needed) to students for trips to other campuses or to offsite events.
12. Assists with the implementation of the marketing plan which includes educational partner recruitment, direct mail campaigns, international publications, and website submissions.
13. Researches similar programs in the U.S. and provides comparative information on prices, programs, and structure.
14. Maintains and distributes departmental progress reports, including reports on enrollment, student activities, and revenue and expenses.
15. Creates, types, and edits a broad range of correspondence, documents, wikis, and reports under supervision.
16. Performs other duties as assigned.
1. Associate's Degree preferred from a regionally accredited institution.
2. Proficiency in at least one language other than English relevant to a desired market for international students [required].
3. Administrative support experience in an office environment.
4. Experience working with budgets and/or financial information.
5. Experience in coordinating educational programs and activities.
6. Understanding of and commitment to Equal Access/Equal Opportunity.
7. Must be able to perform all of the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Knowledge Skills Abilities
1. Knowledge of modern office and program administration practices and procedures.
2. Skill in the use of personal computers and general office software.
3. Ability to communicate effectively in a multilingual environment, interpersonally, orally and in writing.
4. Ability to prioritize tasks and complete work according to established deadlines.
5. Ability to use critical thinking skills to resolve problems and make sound decisions.
6. Ability to provide excellent customer service.
7. Ability to maintain a budget and track financial and purchasing transactions.
8. Ability to pay attention to detail with a high level of accuracy.
9. Ability to take initiative and a commitment to upgrading knowledge, skills, and abilities as necessary.
10. Ability to work effectively in a diverse community and meet the needs of diverse student populations.
$16.84 per hour
Equal Employment and Preference-Eligibility
Valencia College provides equal opportunity for equal opportunity for employment and educational services to all individuals as it relates to admission to the College or to programs, any aid, benefit, or service to students or wages and other terms, conditions or privileges of employment, without regard to race, color, ethnicity, national origin, age, religion, disability, marital status, gender, sexual orientation, genetic information and any other factor prohibited under applicable federal, state, and local civil rights laws, rules and regulations.
Valencia College extends preference in employment for eligible veterans in accordance to Florida State Statute 295.07.
Please press the apply button in the task box on the right column of this page to proceed and be redirected to the position announcement for this position on Valencia College’s website.